Encouraging your child’s innate potential and thriving personality are essential during the pre-school and kindergarten years.
Preparing for their school years is also fundamental.
Through play-based learning and structured learning times, we help pre-schoolers and kindergarteners thrive and flourish.
For ages 3-4, we provide studios that give children the opportunity and environment to lead their own learning.
Through a continuing play-based approach, children are extending their learning in areas of language and literacy, social and emotional awareness, and STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths)
Petit ELJ provide a kindergarten program for children in the year before Prep (children who are 4 by 30 June in the year they start). Our kindergarten program is play-based and is delivered by a qualified early childhood teacher. Our Centres based in Queensland and Victoria run a kindergarten program that is recognised and approved by their respected Governments whilst our New South Wales centres are recognised by the states Start Strong “School Readiness Program” Government initiative. These Centres also receive additional funding to enhance the kindergarten program.
At Petit ELJ, children participate in project-based learning experiences aimed at fostering a strong sense of self and inspiring a love of learning through cooperative play explorations.
Our Kindergarten program is planned and led by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher and focuses on key learning outcomes, including:
- Oral language and vocabulary
- Early literacy skills
- STEM explorations
In preparation for a successful transition to school, a Petit ELJ Kindergarten/Preschool program includes opportunities for:
- collaborative play to grow children’s social skills
- Independent learning and self-help tasks during daily routines
Benefits of attending a Petit ELJ Kindergarten Program:
- Socialisation and supportive friendships
- Develop a love of learning
- Better prepared to start school
- Interactive Smartboard and iPads to enhance learning journey
Your baby’s educators are skilled in education and care practices, and follow the principles and practices outlined in the national curriculum for children birth to five years – the Early Years Learning Framework.
What makes Petit different?
A holistic, nurturing environment
At Petit, we don’t just provide the basics.
We provide a wholesome, nurturing environment with:
- New, clean, purpose-built centres
- Indoor and outdoor playscapes and learning environments
- High quality, highly trained educators
- Menus designed in association with child nutritionist – all meals prepared fresh on-site
- Inclusion of nappies, wipes, sunscreen, sunhat, linen (linen provided at certain Centres)
- Storypark app for documenting and communicating important moments and milestones
- Secure PIN entry to the building
- Natural elements – we shy away from plastic
Individual journey portfolios
We provide each child with an exceptional and individualised learning experience.
We also document this journey and share it with you.
Through maintaining individual journey portfolios for each child, we give families an opportunity to share and discuss the elements of their child’s day and education.
Educators also use the portfolios as a learning tool for the child to reflect back on their own work and thinking process.
What’s in a portfolio?
Compiled by the studio’s educators, the portfolio contains a collection of:
- Work samples
- Observation records
- Group project annotations
Individual learning portfolios act as an extraordinary communication tool for families.
Let us know if you have any questions.