At Petit, we want to make life simple for you.
We want your experience to be relaxed, happy and healthy.
What to expect at our child care centres:
- Welcoming, supportive, qualified educators
- Safe, secure, nurturing environments
- Indoor and outdoor learning spaces
- An educational program tailored to your child’s need
- Studios designed for babies, toddlers, pre-school and kindergarten
- Healthy, wholesome meals prepared by our on-site chef
- Ongoing parent communication and involvement
That’s why we offer tours to ensure Petit is right for you.
Book a tour today to see our facilities and meet some of our staff.
Before your child’s first day, we welcome you to orientate your child to the centre.
Arranged between the centre director and your family’s schedule, the visit will be at a time suitable for you.
The orientation session(s) allow your child to settle in with a gradual transition:
- Helps them become familiar with the surroundings and staff
- Gives you the opportunity to observe your child in the setting
- Allows for further questions and answers
Our orientation sessions are at no charge, but we do need returned enrolment documents. Parents must also stay on the premises during the visits.
On the first day, our educators will be prepared and excited to greet you and your child.
We will provide a calm, welcoming environment to ease your child’s transition.
You’ll only need to bring a few items:
- A spare change of clothing
- A water bottle
- Bottles and formula/breast milk (if your little one is in the nursery)
- Linens (only some locations)
- Comforters such as pacifier, blanket or soft toy (only if required)
We will handle the rest!
We supply all meals, nappies, wipes, sunscreen and sunhats. Some of our Centres also provide linen for rest time.
In daily fees, the following is included:
- All meals (including breakfast at Melbourne locations)
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen, sunhat, tote bag
- Linen for rest time (certain centres only)
- Storypark: an online portfolio for families to follow their child’s learning journey
- Learning program and curriculum
- Incursions (held throughout the year to complement learning experiences)
- Secure PIN to gain entry to Centre and access to QKiosk – a digital sign in/sign out system
We ensure every child receives healthy, wholesome meals to fuel their mind and body.
All of our meals are freshly prepared daily on-site by our chef:
- Breakfast (Melbourne centres only)
- Morning tea
- After tea
- Late afternoon snack
We adjust meals based on allergies and other preferences.
To learn more about our meals, check out our Nutrition page.
All of our Petit Early Learning Journey Centres utilise QK Kiosk which is a digital sign in/sign out system.
As a highly sustainable, paperless process, families can drop off or pick up their children by entering a quick and easy digital pin.
The system even diplays pop-up messages for families at pick up and drop off reminding parents to confirm missed sign in/out occasions.
And as part of your orientation to the Centre, our educators will walk you through this easy, hassle-free system.
In addition to using the Storypark app, we create individual learning portfolios for each child.
Each portfolio contains a collection of:
- Photos and videos
- Observation records and notes
- Group project activities
- Work samples
- And more
Documenting and sharing your child’s learning journey is essential for us.
And we believe strong communication with families makes for a stronger learning environment.
We recommend a minimum of 2 days per week, as we believe your child will benefit from building strong, trusting relationships with their educators and peers.
They’ll also settle in more quickly the more frequently they attend.
Book a tour today to have all of your questions answered.