At Petit Early Learning Journey, we want to make life simple for you. Finding a child care centre is one thing. Finding a child care centre you believe in – is something entirely different.
We want your experience to be relaxed, happy and healthy.
What to expect at our child care centres:
- Welcoming, supportive, qualified educators
- Safe, secure, nurturing environments
- Indoor and outdoor learning spaces
- Studios specifically designed for babies, toddlers, pre-school and kindergarten children
- Healthy, wholesome meals prepared by our on-site chef
- Ongoing parent communication and involvement
It is essential for your child to be in a place that is healthy for them in mind, body, and spirit, along with one that gives you peace of mind and fits in with your family life. To find the optimal child care centre for your family, follow the 6 ways to find the child care you believe is a good fit.
More than anything, we want you to be in a child centre, that is right for you and your family.
That is why we offer tours to ensure Petit ELJ is right for you.
Book a tour today to see our facilities and meet some of our staff.
Before your child’s first day, we recommend you orientate your child to the centre through one or more orientation sessions.
Arranged by the Centre Director with consideration of your family’s schedule, the visit will be at a time suitable for you.
The orientation session(s) allow your child to settle in with a gradual transition: The sessions
- Helps them become familiar with the surroundings and the educators in their studio
- Allows you to observe your child in the centre environment
- Provides for further questions and answers
Our orientation sessions are at no charge, but we do need returned enrolment documents. Parents must also stay on the premises during the visits.
On the first day, our educators will be prepared and excited to greet you and your child.
We will provide a calm, welcoming environment to ease your child’s transition.
You will only need to bring a few items:
- A spare change of clothing
- A water bottle
- Bottles and formula/breast milk (if your little one is in the nursery)
- Linens (only some locations)
- Comforters such as a pacifier, blanket or soft toy (only if required)
We will handle the rest!
We supply all meals, nappies, wipes, sunscreen and sunhats. Some of our Centres also provide the linen for rest time.
In daily fees, the following is included:
- All wholesome meals prepared by an in-house chef. Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a late snack
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen, sunhat, tote bag
- Linen for rest time (certain centres only)
- Storypark: an online portfolio for families to follow their child’s learning journey
- Access to ChildcareNow App – a convenient platform to book casual bookings and notify the centre of any absence days
- Access to Safe Sleep Spaces parent program – Nourish
- Inclusion in our Early Childhood Teacher taught Kindergarten or Pre-school Program (if eligible)
- Incursions (held throughout the year to complement learning experiences)
- Secure PIN to gain entry to centre and access to QKiosk – a digital sign in and sign out system
We ensure every child receives healthy, wholesome meals to fuel their mind and body.
All of our meals are freshly prepared daily on-site by our chef:
- Morning tea
- After tea
- Late afternoon snack
We adjust meals based on allergies and other preferences.
To learn more about our meals, check out our Nutrition page.
All of our Petit Early Learning Journey centres utilise QK Kiosk, which is a digital sign in and sign out system.
As a highly sustainable, paperless process, families can drop off or pick up their children by entering a quick and easy digital pin.
The system even displays pop-up messages for families at pick up and drop off, reminding parents to confirm missed sign in and sign out occasions.
And as part of your orientation to the Centre, our educators will walk you through this secure, hassle-free system.
In addition to using the Storypark app, we create personal learning portfolios for each child.
Each portfolio contains a collection of:
- Photos and videos
- Observation records and notes
- Group project activities
- Work samples
- And more
Documenting and sharing your child’s learning journey is essential for us.
And we believe open communication with families makes for a stronger learning environment.
Enrolment requires a permanent weekly booking. We recommend a minimum of 2 days per week, as we believe your child will benefit from building strong, trusting relationships with their educators and peers.
They will also settle in more quickly the more frequently they attend.
Book a tour today to have all of your questions answered.