Babies develop in key areas from the very beginning: physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language.
In the early years of development, your baby’s principal way of learning and developing is through play – exploring and observing the world around them.
Babies experiment with new sights, sounds, senses and movements.
We provide a safe, warm environment to allow your baby to build confidence and feel secure and loved.
A baby’s development
We know that each baby learns and grows differently.
We also know they need different approaches for learning and for feeling loved.
At Petit we use the following guidelines to assist educators in observing and reflecting on your baby’s development during the first 2 years of life:
1st year of life
2nd year of life
Educators embed the practices and principles of the EYLF into their daily practice and naturally the EYLF outcomes follow.
What makes Petit different?
In addition to a strong learning framework for babies, we offer the following:
- New, clean, purpose-built centres
- Indoor and outdoor playscapes and learning environments
- High quality, highly trained staff
- Menus designed in association with child nutritionist – all meals prepared fresh on-site
- Inclusion of nappies, wipes, sunscreen, sunhat, linen (linen provided at certain Centres)
- Storypark app for documenting and communicating important moments and milestones
- Secure PIN entry to the building
- Natural elements – we shy away from plastic
Individual journey portfolios
We provide each child with an exceptional and individualised learning experience.
We also document this journey and share it with you.
Through maintaining individual journey portfolios for each child, we give families an opportunity to share and discuss the elements of their child’s day and education.
Educators also use the portfolios as a learning tool for the child to reflect back on their own work and thinking process.
What’s in a portfolio?
Compiled by the studio’s educators, the portfolio contains a collection of:
- Work samples
- Observation records
- Group project annotations
Individual learning portfolios act as an extraordinary communication tool for families.