Encouraging your child’s innate potential and thriving personality are essential during the pre-school and kindergarten years.
Preparing for their school years is also fundamental.
Through play-based learning and structured learning times, we help pre-schoolers and kindergarteners thrive and flourish.
For ages 3-4, we provide studios that give children the opportunity and environment to lead their own learning.
Educators provide more structured activities than the toddler studios.
But much of our pre-school program is still enhanced with play-based learning and outdoor experiences.
In pre-school, children continue to form important language, social and cognitive abilities.
For children aged 4-5, we offer a rich and nurturing kindergarten program.
Our Kindergarten curriculum emphasizes play-based learning but also has structured learning times for:
- Number concepts
- Perceptual skills
- Pre-writing skills (e.g. tracing, completing patterns, reproducing patterns)
- Basic math
- Reading and writing skills
- And more
The primary goal of our kindergarten program is to prepare for a smooth, healthy transition to a child’s school years.
Benefits of attending a Petit ELJ Kindergarten Program:
- Socialisation and supportive friendships
- Develop a love of learning
- Better prepared to start school
- Interactive Smartboard and iPads to enhance learning journey
Petit ELJ provide a kindergarten program for children in the year before Prep (children who are 4 by 30 June in the year they start). Our kindergarten program is play-based and is delivered by a qualified early childhood teacher. Our Centres based in QLD and VIC run a kindergarten program that is recognised and approved by their respected Governments. These Centres also receive additional funding to enhance the kindergarten program. Unlike Council run Kindergartens and Private Schools, Petit programs run within long day care hours so we operate from 6.30am to 6.30pm* Monday to Friday, are open 52 weeks a year and open all school holidays which allows us to cater to all family/work situations.
*Please check operating hours with individual Centre.
Guidelines for pre-school and kindergarten
As we help pre-school and kindergarten children grow and develop, we encourage progression in the following areas:
A holistic, nurturing environment
At Petit, we don’t just provide the basics.
We provide a wholesome, nurturing environment with:
- New, well-resourced centres
- Exceptional staff who care deeply about the development of each child
- Fresh and healthy menus designed in association with child nutritionist – all meals prepared on-site
- Inclusion of nappies, wipes, sunscreen, sunhat, linen (linen is not provided at all Centres)
- Storypark app for documenting and sharing special moments with families
- Secure PIN entry to the building and grounds
- Natural elements and little to no shy plastic
Individual journey portfolios
At Petit we keep parents involved.
We document and track important moments in your child’s early learning journey.
And we share that with you through an individual journey portfolio built with:
- Work samples
- Observation records
- Group project notes
- Photos and videos
- And more
We also use the portfolios to help children reflect back on their own work, progress and learning journey.
Let us know if you have any questions.