At Petit Early Learning Journey we support families every day.
Our services are continuing to welcome children, encouraging them to understand their self-identity while nurturing a sense of safety, security and belonging in their environment.
Petit ELJ is here for you now and in the future. We equip your child with the love of learning.
We are consistent and still learning through COVID-19
Children learn in all moments and environments. While Government restrictions are slowly relaxed, we are still working hard to keep our community safe while strengthening our partnerships with children and families to learn more about each other’s worlds.
During this time, our teams and educators continue to engage in daily routines, rituals, rhythms and learning programs. This consistency nurtures children’s confidence, security and trust and creates a sense of safety, particularly in times of disruption.
How Petit ELJ is staying connected with those staying home
Australia reacted quickly to the spread of COVID-19 with many industries, including early childhood education, impacted almost overnight by country-wide restrictions. At Petit ELJ, we looked at alternative ways to stay connected with our community.
We have introduced Zoom Meetings linking our Studios to homes. Our Educators have worked hard to incorporate their programs into care packages delivered to homes or collected from the centre so families and children could engage at home, be present in the curriculum and remain connected.
How Petit ELJ is keeping you safe
Petit ELJ is committed to practising exceptional safety and hygiene standards every-day. We have taken additional steps to mitigate infection by undertaking additional COVID-19 infection control training with the Australian Government Department of Health.
While we have restricted centre tours to individual viewings, limited external visitors to key specialists and program facilitators and postponed excursions, our educators continue to implement rich learning programs and experiences for children in our care. Ensuring rich and engaging experiences, discussions, and positive learning moments are among our key priorities.
We have also taken additional measures to introduce specific COVID-19 related health and safety procedures to reduce the risk of infection.
- Extensive cleaning of entrances and exits including wiping down with antibacterial wipes or hospital-grade cleaning solutions all internal and external door handles, service lift buttons and pool gate areas in high traffic areas frequently during peak times
- Enhanced cleaning of all common digital touchpoints including the disinfecting and wiping down of iPads, kiosk and finger scanners during peak drop-off and pick-up periods
- Extra hand sanitiser stations across the service
- Daily replenishment of all hygiene products including soap, tissues, paper towel and hand sanitiser
- Increased frequency of cleaning and removal of waste from all environments
- Updated handwashing and hygiene practices and policies
Spreading kindness to support our families
Petit ELJ embraces the little things in life that help to spread kindness and compassion for others. Our centres joined the Rainbow Trail spreading kindness created in balloon garlands, balcony and parking lot art to demonstrate hope and deliver a message of support. For Mother’s Day, children attending our centres created a package to take home to share with that special person in their life.
The Child Mind Institute tells us to also practise self-compassion by having realistic expectations, forgiving ourselves and reminding ourselves that we are doing our best.
Petit ELJ is open, safe and welcoming existing families, as well as new families seeking places for their children in the future.
Whether you are in the centre or at home, we are continuing to engage and support our families and community. We are staying connected through the extensions of our studios utilising zoom and other interactive platforms and dropping off home delivery kits for children to learn. We are standing bookings, new bookings and free fees.
At home learning links
The government’s free child care package
The government’s new Child Care Package provides free child care to all families with no out-of-pocket expenses. It commenced Monday 6 April and runs until 12 July 2020.
The government has prioritised places for working parents, vulnerable and disadvantaged children and pre-existing enrolments under this package.
You can learn more about the New Child Care Package at Services Australia or by talking to your Centre Director.
Other resources for you and your family
- An excellent resource for families: 20 Apps To Combat Anxiety and Stress
- An important message from the Department of Education, Skills and Employment to help families understand the Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package.
- World Health Organisation’s advice on healthy parenting in the time of COVID-19
- How to talk to your child about coronavirus disease 2019 – UNICEF’s guide on COVID-19
- Raising Children’s: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and children in Australia
Find support with Petit ELJ
Your Centre Director is the best point of contact for any questions relating to COVID-19 and Petit ELJ, including guaranteeing your child’s placement is secure.