At Petit Early Learning Journey we support families every day.
Our services welcome children, encouraging them to understand their self-identity while nurturing a sense of safety, security and belonging in their environment.
Petit ELJ is here for you now and in the future. We equip your child with the love of learning.
We are consistent and learning through COVID-19
Children learn in all moments and environments. While Government restrictions are slowly relaxed, we continue to work hard to keep our community safe while strengthening our partnerships with children and families to learn more about each other’s worlds.
During this time, our teams and educators remain engaged in daily routines, rituals, rhythms and learning programs. This consistency nurtures children’s confidence, security and trust and creates a sense of safety, particularly in times of disruption.
How Petit ELJ is staying connected with those staying home
Australia reacted quickly to the spread of COVID-19 with many industries, including early childhood education, impacted almost overnight by country-wide restrictions. At Petit ELJ, we looked at alternative ways to stay connected with our community.
We have introduced Zoom Meetings linking our Studios to homes. Our Educators have worked hard to incorporate their programs into care packages delivered to homes or collected from the centre so families and children could engage at home, be present in the curriculum and remain connected.
How Petit ELJ is keeping you safe
Petit ELJ is committed to practising exceptional safety and hygiene standards every-day.
Keeping children and staff safe is the priority. As such we will follow the relevant guidance set out by State Health Authorities and the Department of Education and Training to minimise the risks of COVID-19 transmission in Early Childhood Education and Care environments. From time to time there may be changes to centre tours, limitations on external visitors, incursions and excursions, however our educators continue to implement rich learning programs and experiences for children in our care. Ensuring rich and engaging experiences, discussions, and positive learning moments are among our key priorities.
We have also taken additional measures including
- Extensive cleaning of entrances and exits including wiping down with antibacterial wipes or hospital-grade cleaning solutions all internal and external door handles, service lift buttons and pool gate areas in high traffic areas frequently during peak times
- Enhanced cleaning of all common digital touchpoints including the disinfecting and wiping down of iPads, kiosk and finger scanners during peak drop-off and pick-up periods
- Extra hand sanitiser stations across the service
- Daily replenishment of all hygiene products including soap, tissues, paper towel and hand sanitiser
- Increased frequency of cleaning and removal of waste from all environments
- Updated handwashing and hygiene practices and policies
Other resources for you and your family
- An excellent resource for families: 20 Apps To Combat Anxiety and Stress
- World Health Organisation’s advice on healthy parenting in the time of COVID-19
- How to talk to your child about coronavirus disease 2019 – UNICEF’s guide on COVID-19
- Raising Children’s: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and children in Australia
Find support with Petit ELJ
Your Centre Director is the best point of contact for any questions relating to COVID-19 and Petit ELJ, including guaranteeing your child’s placement is secure.